Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentines Day

Far from receiving a card with "I love you" emblazoned across it, this morning I was handed a glossy brochure which contained the names and photographs of two youths- underneath the pictures were the words "The Courts have issued them with an Interim Anti-Social Behaviour Order". Happy Valentines Day indeed. I wasn't sure what to make of said piece of literature. On the one hand, I don't care that these two boys have been given interim ASBOs, on the other I'm questioning whether or not it's right to send round the names and photographs of people who are under 18 and broadcasting to the public that they have been given interim ASBOs. I mean, quite apart from anything else, the court hasn't even made a final determination on the matter- it's an interim order and yet all and sundry in the local area are being told about it. Is this right? I'm debating whether to investigate the matter further. I mean it has nothing to do with me at all but that doesn't usually stop me from interfering. I think I had better investigate the legality of such distributions for my own peace of mind if nothing else. Sad really. Anyway, on a related point, my ASBO hearing today hasn't started owing to an overburdened list. Hopefully we'll get going this afternoon although it wouldn't surprise me if we end up being adjourned.

No comments:

Post a Comment