Wednesday 1 February 2012

"No car insurance? I'm wearing a Rolex for goodness sake!"

This is not the best way to endear yourself to the magistrates. I was sitting twiddling my thumbs, waiting for my trial to start, so thought I'd nip into court and see what was going on. The defendant had been charged with using a mobile phone whilst driving, a charge he strongly denied. It appeared as though officers had originally stopped him because they thought he was driving with no insurance. When asked, he replied "No car insurance. I'm wearing a Rolex for goodness sake!" Unsurprisingly, the officers were not impressed by this remark and low and behold the defendant was arrested- not for having no insurance but for using his mobile phone whilst at the wheel. Hmm- is that why the officers had stopped him in the first place? I don't think it was, was it? Anyhow, a not guilty plea was entered and I suspect I will never find out what happens to him. The lesson, however, is this- avoid making smart arse comments to police officers, it will NEVER help your case.

2 comments:

  1. Is that true

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its completely unbelievable. The reason that you have mentioned for not having an insurance policy is stupid. I am shocked to know that there are still so many people who don't consider car insurance worth to buy.
    commercial insurance

    ReplyDelete