Friday 9 March 2012

The End of the Week

It's been quite a long week and I must confess that I am relieved that the weekend is here. On Wednesday I had a couple of PCMHs at the Crown Court followed by a conference with a client who is charged with a rather serious drugs offence that is coming up for trial in June. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. On Thursday, however, I had a private driving trial to defend in the Magistrates' Court. The allegation was failing to comply with a traffic sign. The traffic sign in question is such that, even if convicted, the Defendant's licence is safe from any form of endorsement. The trial should have been easy and problem free. However, whilst at court, an issue arose which resulted in the trial being vacated and, would you believe, the need for me to be called as a defence witness. I best not go into the particulars but suffice it to say I'm quite looking forward to my witness debut. I'll update you once the trial has been and gone. Anyway, the weekend is upon us and so I shall allow you all to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment